The Magic Circle (Libellus Veneri Nigro Sacer)

Post in English / Post en Anglais 


Back on my occult works on a demon evocation, as described in the Ms 'Libellus Veneri Nigro Sacer'.(* Mogarip)

Mogarip Seal

I own, a set of six green wax seals of the demons and the Tuba Veneri (A natural horn bull). Soon I will post a picture of the horn once engraved with the magic sigils.After careful reflections, I think I would not wear the 'Seal of Solomon' for this evocation. I would only wear the seal of Venus (Anael copper seal) as written in my copy of an original manuscript .. As in the Goetia, the demons of Venus can be forced, by heating softly their own seals and/or the seal of Venus - ( ? Seal of Anael)..

Copper Seal of Venus

I have to find herbs* too for fumigation and consecration of my tools..

(* Verbane, Myrtle, and Musk) I'd like to thank all people helping me to make this possible ! (My Greetz goes to: my Lil' bro - Mon poto Calva - Master Demurgios - Dremel)

I still have to sew a ritual robe and to solve the problem of the magic circle. Indeed, the book we learn that the circle should be made ​​of parchment and measure 'six feeth in diameter'.. Ouch ! I can even use chalk or soot to draw the circle .. I did my own investigation to try to find a correct version of the circle as a model ..

- Quomodo Circulus faciendus:

"One takes thus some parchment or virgin paper, and cuts from this a latitude for three circles , the first [circle] sex feet in diameter, the remaining circle two or three fingers in from the first; Soon theafter the divine Names should be written in color during the prescribed times and hour of as you can see in the figure of the following circle. As soon as the circle is produced, one may consecrate it with smoke, but do not bury it: keep it for us". 


Circle from Warburg Ms. FBH 510.



From Trident Book reprint.
From JWMT N.12 Vol 2 - Teresa Burns & Nancy Turner

> From Phil Legard:

The circle too is typical of the bulk of grimoire literature, containing three bands with the following words derived from Judeo-Christian formulae:

>+Mi+chael+AGLA+Uri+el+ALPHA+Gabriel+OMEGA+Raph+ael+ON

>+Joan+nes+JESUS+Lu+case+NAZ+RENUS+Ma+thew+REX+Mar+cus+JUDEORUM

(e.g. "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews", or I.N.R.I)

+TETRAGRAMMATON+JEHOVA+ELOHIM+ADONAY


The circle is divided into four quaters, its fourfold nature reflected in the use of the names of the four angels of the cardinal points and the four evangelists. Interestingly the order of the names do not correspond to the orders given in Agrippa or in other sources with which I am familiar. For example, proceeding clockwise from the north, De Bry's Magical Calendar gives the orders.

Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Michael for the angels and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John for the evangelists. It seems as though the names attributed to the south and west have been exchanged for some reason.

Many of the ingredients used by the author can be traced back to the work of Agrippa, or further to Liber Juratus. The fumigation contains elements all found in book I, chapter xxvii of Occult Philosophy, whilethe dove, a feather of which is used to write Liber Spirituum, is associated with Venus in Agrippa's table of correspondences for the number seven.



- LIKE  / SHARE:






(NB: This posts is subject to be updated.)

[Sources]

- JWMT (http://www.jwmt.org)
- Trident Books
- Phil Legard
- Agrippa
- Warburg Ms. FBH 510

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Comments Here. / Commentaire: